Check Regal Poker for Latest Poker News, poker strategy tips and more.
Players in stud poker are dealt with a certain amount of cards to start with. One card is dealt every time a betting round is completed up to the point that a certain number of cards have been dealt.
Five Card Stud is mostly a game of HIGH CARDS and PAIRS. Don’t play for straights and flushes unless you have three cards to a straight flush on third street, or it looks like you might luck into a straight or flush on fourth.
At Regal Poker you will find the best articles about how to play poker, visit us and check out our promotions we offer you the best online poker games.
Players and Cards
A standard 52-card pack is used, and since only five cards per player are dealt, it is possible for up to 10 people to play.
The sequence of events is as follows (as usual the cards are dealt clockwise one at a time):
- All players place an ante in the pot.
- Each player is dealt one card face down and one face up, and there is a betting round.
- Each player is dealt a third card face up. There is a second betting round.
- Each player is dealt a fourth card face up. There is a third betting round.
- Each player is dealt a fifth and card face up. There is a fourth betting round.
- Surviving players show their cards and the best five-card hand wins the pot.
10 thru A
2 thru 9
The exposed upcard of a starting hand.
Cards that have not been revealed on the board and are possible to get.
Cards that have been revealed and are no longer in the deck.
Bet, raise and re-raise to get as many other players out as possible.
Just check or call along to keep other players in the game to increase the pot odds.
Check when you can and fold if you are bet into. Gladly accept all free cards offered.
Sources: pagat.com | pokersyte.com
Don’t miss our special articles about Texas Hold’em and blackjack, become the best player that you can be! Get all the latest PokerNews updates on your social media outlets. Follow us on Twitter and find us on both Facebook and Google+!