Play money vs. real money
- The poker sites have both play money and real money games.
- Anybody can sign up to play in the play money games.
- You start out with a certain number of chips that you can use in the games.
- Real money games require that you deposit money with the site first.
Ring games vs. tournaments
- Tournaments are further divided into single-table or multi-table, and into scheduled events or so-called “sit-and-go” events.
- The term “ring game” is poker lingo for a plain old non-tournament poker game. Another name for this type of game is a “live game”.
- A ring game is confined to a single table
- In a ring game, any player can sit down at any time, buy chips, play poker and cash out at any time. Players come and go as they please sit out when they need to take a short break.
- The big distinction between a ring game and a tournament is the ability to stand up and cash out at any time.
Don’t miss our special articles about Texas Hold’em and blackjack, become the best player that you can be! Get all the latest PokerNews updates on your social media outlets. Follow us on Twitter and find us on both Facebook and Google+!