Check Regal Poker for Latest Poker News, poker strategy tips and more.
(pokernews.com) – It may have been Easter Sunday for some on March 27, but that did not stop thousands of poker players from trying their luck in online poker’s biggest weekly tournaments.
One player whose decision to grind online paid off was Lithuanian star Matas “bebaimis777” Cimbolas, who walked away with the title of Sunday 500 champion on PokerStars, a result that earned him $51,780.46 after a three-handed deal.
Also part of that deal were Brazil’s “nicofellow” ($56,180.65) and Russia’s “StaceOP” ($44,817.89). The United Kingdom’s Peter “Se7enTr3y” Akery finished fourth for $27,302.00.
Learn everything that you need to know about how to play poker, and become a professional in Blackjack and Texas Hold’em
The biggest cash of the day went to Sao Paulo’s Joao “XxJoaoFeraxX” Otavio, who topped a field of 7,124 players in the Sunday Million. Otavio scooped the massive $213,724.92 after defeating Canada’s “extragloves” heads up, leaving the Canadian to collect the $157,255.17 consolation prize.
Other champions in PokerStars’ Sunday majors included:
- Chris “Big Huni” Hunichen— winner of the $109 Sunday Kickoff for $26,953.64
- “miki21221”— winner of the $215 Sunday Warm-Up for $58,000.00
- Fernando Vianna “fviana” da Costa— winner of the $109 Sunday Rebuy for $37,214.10
- “s-trans”— winner of The Bigger $109 for $35,145.35
- Brian “bg_atlanta” Ganon— winner of The Bigger $162 for $30,625.93
- “42ayay”— winner of the $215 Sunday 2nd Chance for $39,846.33
- “GadMO”— winner of the $162 Sunday 6-Max for $23,404.17
- “beukie555”— winner of the $215 Sunday Supersonic for $46,944.90
Don’t miss our special articles about Texas Hold’em and blackjack, become the best player that you can be! Get all the latest PokerNews updates on your social media outlets. Follow us on Twitter and find us on both Facebook and Google+!