Check Regal Poker for Latest Poker News, poker strategy tips and more.
Five-card stud is the original form of poker and dates back to the time of cowboys and outlaws sitting and gambling in old West saloons. It’s not as popular as it was during the American Civil War, but is still a game worth learning as it’s the basis for so many other games and is super easy to learn.
Learn everything that you need to know about how to play poker, and become a professional in Blackjack and Texas Hold’em
How to play:
Each player is dealt one card face-down and one card face up.
- The first bet can come from one of two options:
- The first is that a forced bet or “bring in” where the player with the lowest face-up card must put in a certain amount.
- The second option is that there is no forced bet and the first choice of whether to bet or check goes to the player with the highest face-up card. If two players have the same face-up card (say two people have kings), the first one clockwise from the dealer gets the option to bet first.
- After the round of betting, each remaining player gets another card dealt face-up.
- From now on, the player with the highest hand showing gets to bet first.
- After each round of betting, the remaining players will be dealt another card face-up, until each player has four cards face-up. After the fourth face-up card is dealt, a final round of betting occurs, then the remaining players reveal their face-down or “hole card” to reveal their entire five-card poker hand.
- The highest hand wins.
- What You Need:
- Two to Ten players
- A deck of cards
- Poker chips
Don’t miss our special articles about Texas Hold’em and blackjack, become the best player that you can be! Get all the latest PokerNews updates on your social media outlets. Follow us on Twitter and find us on both Facebook and Google+!