Check Regal Poker for Latest Poker News, poker strategy tips and more
- Blackjack originated in French casinos around the 1700s where it was called “vingt-et-un” (twenty-and-one).
- Emperor Napoleon played and enjoyed it more than any other card game.
- There are approximately 140 countries in the world with casinos that offer blackjack.
- The proper name of the game is “21”; “blackjack” was only added as slang in the 1920s.
- The object of the game is not to get 21; the real object is to beat the dealer.
- 20 is the second best hand in the game.
- 16 is the worst hand in blackjack, followed by 15 as the second worst hand.
At Regal Poker you will find the best articles about how to play poker, visit us and check out our promotions we offer you the best online poker games.
- 11 is the third best hand in blackjack.
- Mathematically, in 100 hands the dealer will win 48 hands, the player will win 44 and there will be eight ties. Why does the dealer always win more hands? Because the dealer plays their hand LAST.
- Casinos have the right to ask “card counters” and anyone else to leave the casino. It is based on the old English law that states, “Management has the right to refuse service”.
- Blackjack dealers only earn minimum wage, so tipping is very important for them in making a living.
- There is a Blackjack Hall of Fame. It honors blackjack experts, authors, and professional players who have made significant contributions to the game. The Hall of Fame is located at the Barona Casino in San Diego, California.
- The next time you see a deck of blackjack cards think of it as a calendar:
- There are 52 cards in a deck, 52 weeks in a year
- There are four suits in a deck, four seasons in a year.
- 12 picture cards, 12 months.
- 13 cards in each suit, 13 lunar cycles in a year.
- A blackjack player has six options when deciding what action to take in any given hand: (1) hit, (2) stand, (3) split, (4) double down, (5) take insurance (6) surrender.
Looking for best online poker game website? Follow us and check out our promotions we offer you the best online poker bonus.
- Mathematically, the dealer’s average hand is a little better than 18.
- Statistically, taking insurance is a sucker’s bet. You’ll lose more often than you win.
- The blackjack shoe was introduced in Cuba during the 1950s.
- Blackjack is a one-player game. The player’s opponent is the game, not the dealer.
- Some casinos allow the dealer to hit a soft 17. You want the dealer to stay on ALL 17s.
- In blackjack, the most powerful card, the one that affects the deck the most, is the 5. Removing the 5 results in +0.64%, that is higher than any other card.
- There are four times as many 10s in a blackjack deck as any other card.
- House rules are important. They dictate what your advantage or disadvantage is.
- It takes at least 7 shuffles to completely randomize a new deck of cards.
Get all the latest PokerNews updates on your social media outlets. Follow us on Twitter and find us on both Facebook and Google+!