Contest Rules and Regulations
- Contest Period: The BetRegal Props Challenge contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by BetRegal Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and begins at 7:00 a.m. on October 27th and ends at 3:00 p.m. (CST) on October 29th, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the official time-keeping device(s) of the Sponsor or its designated representative (i.e., Prime Marketing Agency).
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to individuals who: (i) are a legal resident of Canada (excluding residents from the province of Québec); (ii) have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of his/her entry; (iii) are legally permitted to accept a promotional prize from the Sponsor; and (iv) are not an employee, representative or agent (or living with any such employee, representative or agent, whether related or not) of: the Sponsor; Prime Marketing Agency; iGaming Ontario (“iGo”) or CFL Enterprises LP and its affiliates (including the Canadian Football League, CFL Enterprises G.P. Inc, CFL Holdings G.P. Inc, and CFL Holdings L.P., collectively the “CFL”), as well as each of their respective parent companies, associated and affiliated companies, suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies or any other individual(s), entity or entities involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) (each, an “Eligible Participant”).
- How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE AND/OR ATTENDING A SPONSOR OR CFL EVENT WILL NOT IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER INCREASE OR OTHERWISE IMPACT THE CHANCES OF WINNING IN THIS CONTEST. There is only one (1) way to earn a Contest entry (each, an “Entry”). During the Contest Period, the participant must participate in (and comply with all instructions provided by the Sponsor or its designated representative) and win an official Pick’em Challenge. Eligible Participants must then complete the Entry Form required information, which includes playing a game called “Pick’em Challenge” where the participant must pick six (6) outcomes, during the CFL game, NHL games and NFL games, within the Contest Period (e.g., touchdown, field goal, total catches, winner of game, etc.), acknowledge the Rules have been read and agree to be legally bound by them and then submit the fully completed Kiosk Entry Form.
When all required steps of the above-mentioned entry processes is complete, an Eligible Participant that selected six (6) correct outcomes in the “PROPS” game will earn one (1) Entry in the Contest.
- Entry Limit: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per Eligible Participant during the Contest Period. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any Eligible Participant (or any person purporting to be an Eligible Participant) has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry; and/or (ii) use multiple names, multiple identities, multiple email addresses, multiple accounts, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s), and/or any other means not in keeping with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest, then that participant may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Eligible Participants who submit an invalid email address may be disqualified at the Sponsor’s sole and absolution discretion. The Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, illegible or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
- Promotional Communications: At the time of entering the Contest, each participant will also have the opportunity to opt-in to receive promotional communications from the Sponsor. Note, opting-in to receive promotional communications from the Sponsor will not in any way whatsoever increase or otherwise impact the chances of winning in this Contest. A participant can opt-out of receiving promotional communications from the Sponsor at any time without impacting his/her chances of winning in this Contest.
- Verification: All Entries and participants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor): (i) for the purposes of verifying an Eligible Participant’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the legitimacy of any Entry and/or other information; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor or its designated representative within the timeline specified may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. All determinations regarding whether or not an Eligible Participant is eligible to earn an Entry in accordance with these Rules will be made by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Submission Requirements: By submitting an Entry, the participant agrees that the Entry (and each individual component thereof) complies with all conditions stated in these Rules. The Released Parties will bear no liability whatsoever regarding: (i) the use of the participant’s Entry (or any component thereof); (ii) participation in any Contest-related activities; (iii) any use, collection, storage and disclosure of any personal information; and/or (iv) if declared the winner, the prize (including any use or misuse of the prize). The Released Parties shall be held harmless by the participant in the event it is discovered that he/she has departed from or not otherwise fully complied with any of these Rules. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and/or awarding of any prizes.
- Prizes: Subject to the terms and conditions set out in these Rules, there are a total of One (1) available Grand Prize to be won:
- One (1) grand prize consisting of two (2) tickets to the upcoming Grey Cup game at Mosaic Field (Date TBD). For clarity, no travel or accommodations will be provided to attend the game.
- Prizes Terms and Conditions: The prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions except at the Sponsor’s or Administrator’s option. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater retail value.
- ASSOCIATED COSTS: ANY AND ALL ASSOCIATED COSTS WITH A PRIZE WILL BE THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, NOR ANY OTHER ENTITY, WILL BE PROVIDING ANY COMPENSATION WITH RESPECT TO ANY COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH A PRIZE OR OTHERWISE. FOR GREATER CERTAINTY AND THE AVOIDANCE OF ANY DOUBT WHATSOEVER, THE PRIZE INCLUDES ONLY THOSE SPECIFIC ELEMENTS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE RULES.
- No Representation or Warranty. None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of any prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each of the confirmed winners of the Grand Prize and the Secondary Prizes understands and acknowledges that they may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either the Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties should their prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting a prize the confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Sponsor and all of the other Released Parties if the prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
- Eligible Winner Selection Process: On November 7, 2022, at approximately 1:00 p.m. (EST), (the “Draw Date”) in Toronto, ON, one (1) Entry will be selected by a random draw for the Grand Prize, with eligibility to Contest Entries, who, for clarity, are those who selected six (6) outcomes, in “Pick’em Challenge”, that took place during the CFL game, NHL game and NFL game. The odds of being selected for a prize depends on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
- An Eligible Participant cannot be selected for more than one prize in this Contest.
- Eligible Winner Notification Process: The Sponsor or its designated representative will make a maximum of three (3) attempts to contact each eligible winner within three (3) business days of selection (using the information available to the Sponsor). If an eligible winner cannot be contacted as outlined above, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then the winner(s) may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate Eligible Participant from among the remaining eligible Entries in accordance with these Rules (in which case the provisions of this section 19 shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
- Eligible Winner Confirmation Process: NO ONE IS A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL THE SPONSOR OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS THE WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES. Before being declared AS THE CONFIRMED PRIZE winner, each eligible winner will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered online, by email or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Sponsor’s form of declaration and release); (b) sign and return within ten (10) days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, their participation and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the prize, as applicable, or any portion thereof; (iv) agrees to indemnify the Released Parties against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of their Entry materials or any portion(s) thereof; and (v) agrees to the publication, reproduction, communication to the public by telecommunication, making available and/or other use of their name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photographs (including without limitation phots) or other likeness worldwide, in perpetuity, without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If an eligible winner: (A) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (B) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents (including, but not limited to, the Sponsor’s declaration and release) within the specified time; (C) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the prize (as awarded) for any reason (including without limitation, with respect to the eligible Grand Prize winner, fails to accept the Grand Prize in accordance with the Sponsor’s instructions, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); and/or (D) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then the declared winner will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate Eligible Participant for the applicable prize from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules in accordance with these Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
- General Conditions: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws, as may be applicable. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all participants without right of appeal. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE SPONSOR’S INTERPRETATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
The Released Parties will not be liable for: (a) any failure of any website or any platform used in connection with the Contest, such as the Kiosk, during the Contest; (b) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (c) the failure of any Entry, and/or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet; (d) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (e) any combination of the above.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind whatsoever. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent deemed necessary by the Sponsor, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Eligible Participant, Entry and/or other information with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, the Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Manitoba and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. Participants consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Alberta in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this Contest.