Five-card stud is the original form of poker and dates back to the time of cowboys and outlaws sitting and gambling in old West saloons. It’s not as popular as it was during the American Civil War, but is still a game worth learning as it’s the basis for so many other games and is super easy to learn.
Check Regal Poker for Latest Poker News, poker strategy tips and more
How to play:
Each player is dealt one card face-down and one card face up.
- The first bet can come from one of two options:
- The first is that a forced bet or “bring in” where the player with the lowest face-up card must put in a certain amount.
- The second option is that there is no forced bet and the first choice of whether to bet or check goes to the player with the highest face-up card. If two players have the same face-up card (say two people have kings), the first one clockwise from the dealer gets the option to bet first.
- At Regal Poker you will find the best articles about how to play poker, visit us and check out our promotions we offer you the best online poker games.
- after the round of betting, each remaining player gets another card dealt face-up.
- From now on, the player with the highest hand showing gets to bet first.
- After each round of betting, the remaining players will be dealt another card face-up, until each player has four cards face-up. After the fourth face-up card is dealt, a final round of betting occurs, then the remaining players reveal their face-down or “hole card” to reveal their entire five-card poker hand.
- The highest hand wins.
- Two to Ten players
- A deck of cards
- Poker chips